Doctor Peter J Bleackley
Consultant Data Scientist. Director of Playful Technology Limited
Peter Bleackley studied Physics at the University of Durham (M.Sci 1996, 2:1) and Astrophysics at the University of Leicester (PhD, Spectroscopy and Variability of Narrow-Line Seyfert 1 Galaxies, 2000). After that, he worked at BBC Research and Development for ten years, where he developed an interest in Artificial Intelligence. Since then, he has worked as a data scientist and algorithm developer at a number of startups before becoming self-employed. He is a contributor to open source data science projects, including the Gensim topic modelling library, and has spoken a number of times at the PyData London meetup. He lives in Horsham, Sussex, with his wife and two children.
- Python library for Hidden Markov Models
- Kaggle profile
- Python implementation of the Montemurro and Zanette algorithm for entropy-based keyword identification
- The Fantastical Devices of Pete The Mad Scientist - Personal blog
- The Sixth Language Creation Conference, which Dr Bleackley helped to organise.
- Khangaþyagon and iljena, Dr Bleackley's constructed languages.
- Speculative Grammarian, the premier scholarly journal in the neglected field of Satirical Linguistics, of which Dr Bleackley is a Contibuting Editor.